- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 150g mushrooms, chopped
- 4 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 700g passata with onions and garlic
- 8-10 lasagne sheets
- 400g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 250g tub ricotta
- 25g grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 25g pine nuts
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Fry the aubergine for 5 mins until softened, then tip into a bowl. Fry the mushrooms in the remaining oil for a few mins until golden, then mix with the aubergine and peppers. Spoon half of the veg into a 20 x 30cm baking dish. Spoon over half the passata, then arrange a layer of lasagne sheets on top.
- Spread the rest of the veg over the pasta, cover with passata and another layer of pasta. Drain any excess liquid from the spinach and mix together with the ricotta and half the Parmesan. Spoon over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and pine nuts. Cover with foil, bake for 20 mins, uncover, then bake for another 10 mins until browned. Serve with a crisp green salad.