- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 large roasted pepper from a jar, thickly sliced, or a handful of ready-roasted sliced capsicum
- 200g quinoa
- 500ml vegetable stock
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- large pinch sugar
- 250g pack haloumi cheese, cut into 6 sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a medium saucepan. Cook the onion and capsicum for a few mins, then add the quinoa and cook for a further 3 mins. Add the stock, cover and turn the heat down to a simmer. Cook for 15 mins or until soft, then stir through half the parsley. Heat the grill.
- Meanwhile, mix the lemon zest and juice with the remaining parsley and oil, and a large pinch of sugar and salt. Grill the halloumi until both sides are golden and crisp. Serve the salad with the grilled halloumi and the dressing poured over everything.